POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 07:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jan 2009 06:44:21
Message: <49819695$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Can't you use the other PCIe slot for the new GPU?  Or does the first
> one have to go in the right slot?

I *believe* the first GPU has to go in the upper slot. I'll check the
manual. (The manual is currently downloading from Gigabyte's website at
roughly 1KB/sec, as is typical for motherboard downloads...)

> Does the GPU really cover all 4 of the SATA sockets? Wow.

Well, I haven't actually tried it, but it's 2 bays wide, and holding it
up against the motherboard (which isn't easy) it appears to be longer
then the full width of the board, so...